The Sea Shell Searchers announce our 2017 Shell Show May 6 & 7. Our show this year will be held in the Museum, located at 400 College Blvd, Clute, Texas. There will be social events to renew acquaintances and make new shell friends. The Sea Shell Searchers Shell Show has proven to be a major event in shelling and we invite you to come and join us. This year the show is in a scaled-down format and will be included in the activities of CenterFest at the Center for the Arts & Sciences. This event is open to the public for participation and viewing.
Rules of participation:
- The theme of the show is “Shelling by the Numbers.” We will have 4 categories – 12” (1’), 24” (2’), 48” (4’), 72” (6’). Each category will have a scientific and artistic sub-category. These are the only categories. Categories are based on OUTER case dimensions only. There will be no other divisions within a sub-category.
- All items in the exhibits must be the property of the exhibitor.
- Exhibits with shells or other small items must be enclosed. It is recommended that all other exhibits be enclosed.
- Backboards may not exceed 24” (2”) in height.
- Competition is open to anyone interested in exhibiting shells or self-made items related to shells.
We look forward to your participation in the show. If you would like to support our show, please let us know. Patron donations $25.00 and greater will be acknowledged at the Awards Banquet.
For more information, please contact Patty Humbird, email firstname.lastname@example.org or check the website www.seashellsearchers.org