PART-TIME FACILITY OPERATIONS TEAM MEMBER!
Please apply in person at The Center during business hours, M-F, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. For more information, please contact the Director of Operations, Kenny York at The Center, 979-265-7661.
Part–time Facility Operations Position
• Reports to Facility Operations Leader
• Responsible for the day to day operations, cleanliness, safety and security of The Center for the Arts and Sciences. Set-up functions and events while working closely with Partner Groups, volunteers, guests, co- workers as well as the general public.
• 25 – 30 hrs. per week; a combination of afternoons, evenings and weekends. For example: Afternoons (12 pm – 6 pm), evenings (1 pm – 9 pm or 4 pm – 1 am) and weekends (Saturday 9 am – 6 pm and up to 1 am or Sunday 12 pm – 6 pm)
• On call as needed
Primary responsibilities, including but not limited to:
• Open The Center at start of business and secure The Center at closing. Help to ensure a safe and secure environment for co-workers, Center volunteers and the general public
• Perform cleaning and maintenance to an established standard; to include sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, and using commercial cleaning chemicals to clean tables, counters, equipment and rest rooms
• Respond to Partner Group and guest requests, concerns, problems or complaints to ensure satisfaction in routine cleaning and areas needing special concentration
• Serve as Shift Leader, responsible for accomplishing tasks and work lists, either working alone or coordinating work with other team members as assigned by Facilities Operations Leader
• Utilize work lists and MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets)
• Assist in maintaining safety records and inventories
• Assist in maintaining Center equipment and tools; identify problems and seek corrective action as required to ensure the safety of all concerned
• Ensure proper care in the installation, use and maintenance of equipment and supplies
• Move heavy items such as desks, storage boxes, files, artwork, set pieces, etc.
• Help with rentals and special events, including set-up and take-down (strike) of tables, chairs, stage lighting, Gallery lighting and audio-visual equipment
• Staff The Center on evenings and weekends for Partner Groups and other functions
• Grounds work; to include weeding & maintaining flowerbeds, trimming trees, treating plants with pesticides, picking up litter on grounds and maintaining sprinkler system
• Other special maintenance and repair projects, special services and work assignments as needed
• Must communicate effectively with staff, volunteers and visitors
• Must be able to perform routine tasks daily and while prioritizing and working on special maintenance projects, as needed
• Must be self-motivated and self-directed, but also able to effectively work on a team
• Must be capable of making decisions based on sound judgment, established safety & security procedures and on- the-job training
• Well organized, reliable and responsible
• Computer & word processing experience preferred
• Must be able to meet employee bonding requirements
• Must work closely with paid administrative staff, Center volunteers and the general public. Must be able to interact with police officers, outside vendors, contractors and fellow employees
• Excellent hospitality and customer service skills. Flexibility to meet customer needs or expectations in high- pressure situations. Ability to communicate effectively with wide base of customers.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and endure repetitive lifting, bending and carrying
• Must be able to climb stairs and ladders
• It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, volunteers, the general public and outside vendors and contractors
Description of Work Environment
• The Center for the Arts & Sciences is the focal point for art and science related activities in the upper Texas Gulf Coast. The Center is a 45,000 square foot cultural and educational complex and is owned and operated by the Brazosport Fine Arts Council. The Center is a tax-exempt, non-profit organization that operates through the hard work of volunteers and a small staff of employees.
• The Center provides a home for activities and events produced by Center Partner Groups and their affiliate organizations. Center facilities are also available for meetings and functions by individuals, community organizations and businesses.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. The Center has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of this job description at any time without prior notice. Candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. The Center is an equal opportunity employer.