All classes and workshops take place in the Brazosport Art League Studio located at The Center for the Arts & Sciences.
Open Studio • Mondays & Wednesdays • 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Evening Open Studio • Mondays • 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
An opportunity for members to learn from each other while working on their own projects in varied media. These fun & casual sessions are very helpful for beginners, and everyone 18 and older is welcome. Come three times as a guest; membership required thereafter. Information: Norma Robuck,
Life Drawing • 1st & 3rd Wednesdays • 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
During open studio. Model fee. Information: Harry Sargent, (979) 297–4766.
Teen Studio Time • Wednesdays • 3:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
We will meet every Wednesday, 3:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. in the Art League Studio. Cost is $60 per semester. All supplies included. We will study Art Techniques with a myriad of instructors and mediums including acrylic painting, watercolors, pastels, clay, pen and ink, pencil, stained glass mosaic, jewelry/metal work, and 3-D art. Ages 13-18. Class is limited to 17 students. For more information, please call Linda Strickland at 979-201-8258.
Kids’ Studio Time • March 23 • 9:00 a.m.
Brazosport Art League offers a free art class each month for younger (8-12 years) children*. It is designed to give the student and their guardian experiences with
- a variety of art mediums
- art styles and techniques
- art history and art in some cultures
- one-on-one time with a guardian, working on a project
It is not…..
- intended to be art lessons in the conventional sense. We will not be specifically teaching drawing shapes, animals, etc. through repetition. However, there will be simple examples shown that a child can follow to use in class and practice thereafter.
- child care or babysitting. With this age group, and only 1-2 instructors, we expect an adult family member or guardian to stay with the student, understand technical instructions, and be prepared to lead the child independently. However, the art produced is meant to be the child’s work.
* Elementary teachers have advised that by 8 years of age most kids will pay attention and follow directions. If your child is well-behaved and curious, then we would consider making an exception.
Free event. To register please visit Brazosportcenter.org and click ‘Tickets & Events”.
9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
|MAR 23||Painted kites|
|APR 27||Ceramic chicken whistles|
|MAY 25||Cutout repeating design (tessellation)|
|JUN 22||Colored hands (warm and cool study – tempra)|
|JUL 27||Papier mache dinosaurs, etc (paint-tempera)|
|AUG 24||Hex signs a’la Pennsylvania Dutch-acrylic|
|SEP 28||Painting ‘Day of the Dead’ & Halloween subjects|
|OCT 26||Sponge painting landscapes (tempera – autumn leaves) &/or block printing|
|NOV 23||Cave art on brown paper (tempera and pastel)|
|DEC 28||Painted Pet rocks (acrylic)|
Saturday Art Class
All Saturday Art Classes are $15 members, $25 non-members. A supply list will be posted, you can bring your own or purchase separately from the instructor. Contact Judy Vera firstname.lastname@example.org or 979-849-5649 for more information.
March 16 – Mixing Colors in Acrylic & Watercolor with Judy Vera
April 13 – Basics of Woodcarving with Robert Rab
May 18 – Bead Earrings with Cathie Tidwell
June 15 – Basics of Portraits with Saralene Tapley
July 20 – Flowers in Pastel with Betty Klasel
Aug. 17 – Still Life in Oil with Norma Robuck
Sept. 21 – Watercolor Basics with Linda Strickland
Oct. 19 – Calligraphy with Linda Matheson
Art Tales • Third Thursdays • 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. • BAL Studio.
Join us every Third Thursday at 2:00 p.m., as we discuss films that explore the life and work of artists.