a publication of the Sea Shell Searchers of Brazoria County
The primary purpose of the Sea Shell Searchers of Brazoria County, a not for profit organization, is to provide educational opportunities for the scientific study and conservation of molluscs and other related fields.
Membership is open to everyone. See the club web page for details. Correspondence regarding the newsletter should be directed to Newsletter Editor, SSSBC, 400 College Dr, Clute Texas 77531. <http://bcfas.org/museum/SSSBC/SSSBC.html>
Next meeting Feb 3rd 7:00 PM at Museum of Natural ScienceJackie Reid will bring us his latest slide show.
Feb 14th Sailor Valentine talk by Jo Tirrel 2:00 PM at the Museum.
Mar 20th Houston Conchology Society Shell Auction at the HMNS
Minutes Jan 6, 2004
CALL TO ORDER: The January 6, 2004 meeting of the Sea Shell Searchers was called to order by president Wanda Coker.
SECRETARY’S REPORT: Motion by Steven Coker, second by Dave Barziza to approve minutes as mailed in newsletter. Motion passed.
TREASURER: Wayne Humbird reported a balance of $7415.67.
1. Membership: Steven Coker - still no directory
2. Newsletter: let Wayne know if you are not receiving the newsletter.
3. Field Trips: Group did not find shells at South Padre during Christmas holiday, Roe found live Cymatium earlier.
4. Museum Study Project: Roe Davenport had no new report
5. Hostess/hospitality Donna Whitchurch and Linda Horton will do food next month, first person to talk to Freida White got a prize. Donna won the prize. Please sign up to bring food
6. Exhibits: Lori Sipple is great grandmother
7. Publicity: The Facts Seen and Heard reporter attending meeting.
8. Auction: Wayne Humbird is taking donations for next auction, will be in September or October
9. Program: Steven Coker needs suggestions for programs
FAVORITE SHELL: Tina Petway will talk about cones
WORD GAME: Janey Nill made 360 shell names from Sea Shell Searchers of Brazoria County
ADJOURNMENT: Motion by Steven Coker, second by Dave Barziza to adjourn. Motion passed.
PROGRAM: Steven Coker introduced Dave Barziza who gave a program on his and Nancy’s travels.