At Brazosport CenterFest, our goal is to fill your booth with art buyers all weekend long! Display your artwork to our growing community of patrons at The Center for the Arts & Sciences, located just 50 miles south of Houston. Our festival is ARTIST-FOCUSED and there will be ample pre-event marketing & promotion in national, state, and local media. Crowd-pleasing attractions will include: quality art activities for children and their families, local food vendors and more! For more information contact Amanda Helms at firstname.lastname@example.org or 979.265.7661.
- Medium Images: 2 (plus one photo of your booth is preferred).
- Application/Jury Fee: $25, non-refundable.
Eligible Media Categories:
- Ceramics: functional or sculptural.
- Digital Art: original work for which original image or the manipulation of the source material is executed by the artists using a computer (work must be limited editions, signed and numbered on archival quality materials).
- Drawing: crayon, charcoal, pencil, conte, ink, pastel.
- Fiber: handcrafted fibers such as straw, leather, or other material; rugs, baskets, wall pieces, non-wearables, wool. (No machine tooling, machine-screened patterns or other forms of mass production accepted.)
- Glass: functional, sculptural, original work.
- Jewelry: metal, non-metal, enamels.
- Metal: cast, fabricated, formed, etched, welded, or non-jewelry.
- Mixed Media: works, both 2D and 3D, that incorporate more than one type of physical material to produce, non-jewelry or photography.
- Painting: water color, oil, tempera, casein, on any surface, acrylic.
- Photography: artist composed and printed photographic impressions, printed in black and white or color including digital manipulation.
- Printmaking: hand-printed, signed and numbered original images produced from a variety of material and dependent of specialized tools.
- Sculpture: three-dimensional original work done in any medium.
- Wood: original hand-tooled, machine worked or carved, sculpture, furniture/accessories, painted turned.
- Each applicant must provide up to 4 photos of artwork. Please include a booth photo, if applicable.
- Images submitted must be an accurate representation of the work artists plan to exhibit and/or sell at the show.
- All artwork must be original work executed by the artist participating in the show.
- If two or more persons collaborated to produce original work, each person must be identified on the application. No work by apprentices or employees will be accepted. Works produced commercially or from commercial kits or molds are not eligible.
- Artist may apply in no more than two categories, applying separately for each category with a separate jury fee and set of four images. You may only exhibit/sell artwork in the category you are accepted. If accepted in both, you may exhibit/sell both.
- The artist’s application and $25 application processing fee must be received by January 31, 2020. In the interest of fairness to jurors and all applicants, late entries will be considered for standby only.
- Artists will be notified individually of the jury’s decision by email on or before February 14, 2020.
- The jury committee or show staff reserves the right to refuse exhibition of work that is not consistent with submitted slides and the rules listed above. Failure to comply will result in immediate removal from the show with no refund of fees paid.
- Artists may only exhibit and sell work in the media category for which they are accepted.
- The majority of displayed artwork should be limited edition, signed, and numbered reproductions of artwork. Original art must be the majority of what is sold at the applicant’s booth space with limited prints available.
- Participating exhibitors will be responsible for collecting and paying current Texas sales tax on all sales made during the festival. If you need to request a Texas sales tax ID, please go to www.window.state.tx.us/taxpermit/.
- Artists will receive an artist packet with event details including credentials, vehicle pass and booth number prior to festival.
- Artist Hospitality – From load-in through load-out we offer complimentary bottled water for our artists. We will offer morning coffee and pastries for our artists, as well as snacks throughout both days at the artist hospitality area. A volunteer can booth-sit (but not fulfill orders) for 15 minutes if the artist needs a short break.
- Security – 24-hour on-site security from load-in through load-out. Artists are responsible for their artwork and property. We will utilize an Emergency action and artist contact plan if problems at a booth or weather hazard occurs during the festival’s closed hours.
- Restrooms- Artist and assistant may use The Center’s indoor restroom facilities.
- Easy Load-in & out – Driving and loading instructions will be provided in the artist packet.
- Complimentary Artist Parking – Artists have a designated parking area where they may park their vehicles during show as well as RVs and trailers for the weekend. No electrical, water or sewage hook-ups are available.
- Artist/exhibitor must be present during the entire festival. Volunteers will periodically check artists’ needs and/or relieve artist/exhibitor should they need to leave their space temporarily. You may also request for a volunteer from the Information Booth to relieve you temporarily should you need to take a short break.
- A Welcome Packet will be provided to all artists/exhibitors at Check-In, including name tag/lanyard, booth space tags, Guide to CenterFest, etc.
Artists are encouraged to stay at local (Clute or Lake Jackson) hotels or motels. Please let the hotel front-desk staff know that you are participating in CenterFest. Artists are encouraged to make their reservations early. If assistance in making reservations is required, please call Director of Communication, Patty Sayes at 979.265.7661.
To APPLY, visit https://www.brazosportcenterfest.org/