Anna in the Tropics by Nilo Cruz
Performances: April 14-16 & 21-23
It is 1929 in Ybor City, Florida. A Cuban-American family working in a cigar factory early awaits the arrival of their new lector, Juan Julian who has been hired to read to the family during their long days of rolling cigars by hand. His arrival is a cause for celebration, but when he begins to read aloud from Anna Karenina, he unwittingly becomes a catalyst in the lives of his avid listeners, for whom Tolstoy, the tropics, and the American dream prove a volatile combination. Shimmering with passion and poetry, don’t miss your chance to be part of this Pulitzer Prize-Winning drama.
Director: Bobby Britton, Jr.
Assistant Director: Juanita Kucera
Please call 979-265-7661 for wheelchair seating.
Discover Brazosport Center Stages
Laugh, gasp and sing along with Brazosport Center Stages’ live plays and musicals!
- Be entertained by the longest-operating community theater on the Texas Gulf Coast.
- Get close to the action in our two performance spaces where there are no bad seats.
- Enjoy a variety of plays and musicals chosen to delight both families and grown-up audiences.
- Experience high-quality productions at an affordable price, without the hassle of big-city traffic and expensive parking.
- Plays take place at the Dow Arena Theater and the Freeport LNG Theater—both located in The Center for the Arts & Sciences.