Live Theater - Kids' Activities
Gerrard Teen Guild – Monthly Meetings
Teen Guild is currently not meeting due to COVID-19. Gerrard Teen Guild meets the 2nd Sunday of during the months of September through May from 2 PM – 4 PM. Teen Guilders learn all areas of production, including acting and design. When appropriate, Gerrard Teen Guild use Center Stages productions as inspiration for the monthly meeting.
Summer at The Center
Gerrard Teen Guild Workshop
$175 per student
ONE SESSION ONLY
June 7 – June 19 • 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Children’s Music Theater Workshop
$135 per student
Session One • June 21– June 25 • 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Session Two • June 28 – July 2 • 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Children’s Drama Workshop
$135 per student
Session One • July 19 – July 23 • 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM • THIS SESSION IS FULL
Session Two • July 26 – July 30 • 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM • THIS SESSION IS FULL
Brazosport Center Stages Scholarships
Each year, Brazosport Center Stages awards deserving students scholarships to be used in their pursuit of a college degree. Students are judged and awarded scholarships based on their merits as students, their participation in Brazosport Center Stages productions and on their audition and/or interview.
Brazosport Center Stages/Kris Kirsch Scholarship
Award Amount: $1,000 scholarships will be awarded (number of scholarships awarded varies year to year)
Eligibility: Must be a graduating senior
- Must show outstanding aptitude/interest in drama, dance, technical theater, vocal or instrumental music.
Requirements: Submit a Brazosport Center Stages Special Application**
- Submit a list of your Brazosport Center Stages involvement. This may include on stage, as well as, backstage involvement. It may also include Brazosport Symphony Orchestra involvement.
- Must include financial need, leadership experiences, academic ability, and participation in extracurricular activities.
- Must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Submit a list of all your community service. This may include extra- curricular activities and theater involvement other than with Brazosport Center Stages.
- Must perform or present skill in an audition format.
Additional Information: All applicants will be contacted by the Scholarship Chair to schedule an audition time.
- Selected scholarship recipients are expected to perform at BSC Appreciation Night. If a candidate is unavailable, he/she should submit a video recording to be shown.
Selection: Scholarship selections will be made by a committee of Judges chosen by the Board of Directors of Brazosport Center Stages, The judges scoring and decision to award any scholarship is based on the following criteria:
- School Records/Community Service (Weight: 33.33%) Review of Application and any attachments to evaluate Applicant’s scholarship, (based on class rank, standard tests, and GPA) community involvement, and community service in the Brazoria County area.
- Involvement in Center Stages/Brazosport Symphony Orchestra (Weight: 33.33%) Past contribution and/or participation in Brazosport Center Stages’ productions, workshops, projects or general program.
- Presentation of craft (Weight: 33.33%) Interview/Audition Project or other presentation of your craft to demonstrate proficiency in any aspect of theater or music. The applicant is invited to perform or present a work of his or her choosing. The applicant may perform a prepared piece or present any portfolio, project or resume of his or her work in any aspects of theater, drama, instrumental or choral music, design, production, sound, lighting, stage management etc.
- In addition, all applicants may be interviewed by the judges on a variety of subjects appropriate to their application and attachments.